St. Patrick's Church and School
Built and funded by Irish immigrants, St. Patrick's Church is located on W.36th and Bridge Avenue near downtown, Cleveland. A labor of love became a beacon of hope for all religions. It grew in size from its humble beginnings in 1873, and a school soon followed (pictured below on the right).
St. Patrick's School was initially called "St. Patrick's Commercial High and Grade School"). Students attended grades 1 - 10; to obtain a complete High School Diploma, their only other option was to attend West High School—repeating grades 9 and 10. Diplomas issued were large by today’s comparison (16 inches by 20 inches.)