National Machine Tool Builders' Association
The National Acme manufacturing plant was located on Cleveland's East Side at E. 131st Street. By 1914, it became one of the largest employers in Cleveland through the production of drills and spindles. In 1939, Frank Szabo secured a job at this company--renamed National Machine Tool Builders' Association. The plant increased wartime production to twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The president of National Acme met with President Roosevelt at regular intervals to discuss the status of war machine productions. Post-war, National Machine Tool and Builders merged with assorted companies to diversify; however, by 1999 after filing Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, the plant shut down.